Saturday, July 29, 2006

Austin Freescale 1/2 Marathon

Race: 2005 Freescale 1/2 Marathon
Time: 1:28.55
Pace: 6:47 per mile

Summary
This was an enjoyable race. My goal was to finish under 1:30. Not for any real reason, I just thought that would be a nice place to set the bar for the next time I came out and ran this distance.

My training had been going well and that morning was perfect for running. It was raining, cold, and showed no signs of letting up. However, once we toed the starting line everything changed. We found ourselves in bathed in sunshine with a cool Feb. breeze. Luckily that breeze was a tail wind and the race course was downhill!

The most memorable part of the run was Jordan. She and her brother drove the entire 1/2 Marathon course, stopping along the way, to cheer me on. That was a great motivator, keeping me focused on the race but also on having a good time.

I crossed the line in 1:28.55 which was great. I met my goal and more importantly I had a blast. This race was a turning point for me on distance running and converted me to a lover of the long run.

No comments: